How do you know that you are enlightened?
There are many ways of knowing that you are enlightened:
1. It is a unique, spontaneous break in continuity of the mind.
2. The truth – enlightenment – is not something you understand with your mind; it is “something you are”. The mind cannot understand it. It is the fourth dimension, which is called “Turiya” in Sanskrit.
3. You will know beyond any doubt, because enlightenment is beyond traditional “knowing and not knowing.” You realise that you are the pure mind itself; not one of its millions of manifest modifications.
4. The moment you realise enlightenment, you will feel oneness with everything and at the same time freedom from all experiences. It is like this because the pure mind is the mother of all our experiences.
5. The ego is dethroned in a split second, and this is not an effort performed by the ego. It happens when the mind is totally still. The old ego is gone; it is no longer your identity. It is now reduced to an experience like all other experiences.
6. You now live totally effortlessly. It is a little bit like being the screen in the movie – it is not affected by the different films. The screen is not getting wet because the movie is showing thesea. The screen is not burning when the movie is showing a fire. The screen is totally free andnot interfering with the movie. But no screen, no movie.
These were just a few words about the subject….